PR & Strategic Communications (Nereus) – Beaverton, Oregon
Nereus is a strategic communications firm located in the Portland Metro area. We’re currently looking for a proactive account coordinator who demonstrates creative problem solving skills, attention to detail, commitment to professional growth, and a passion for technology. The right person for this role believes client success is our success.
Nereus launched in 2002 to support the needs of global technology industry associations, anchoring our MarCom and PR programs on:
Integrity: We believe in dissemination of meaningful, responsible messages.
Informed Counsel: We dive deep into client technology to ensure accuracy and efficacy.
Right Programming: We recommend only the right program tactics for client success.
Partnership: We work with our clients, not for them.
We’ve since taken that approach to deliver successful communications services to start-ups and established businesses changing the way technology affects our lives.
As an AC, you’ll proactively take on account projects and solve problems. What’s more, you’ll see these actions as opportunities to grow your skill set.
As many of our clients include stakeholders from Asia and Europe, you’ll get exposure to business climates in numerous regions.
Our small team with its collaborative nature will allow you to influence project direction and scope, while learning new skills or staying practiced in core ones. It also means you’ll get the benefit of tapping uniquely creative minds while having your voice heard.
Lastly, working for Nereus you’ll gain working knowledge of more than one technology market. Our clients operate in numerous tech channels: big data management, cloud computing, connected cars, Internet of Things, mobile computing, storage, wireless connectivity, and others.
If this sounds like you, read on for the list of Responsibilities, Skills & Qualifications.
- Conduct research (industry, product, vendor, etc.) supporting client programs
- Manage critical client databases (editorial calendars, speaking opportunities, etc.)
- Compile news coverage and activity reports
- Write and edit content
- Participate in standing client meetings
Media/Analyst (Influencer) Relations
- Support team members in researching and tracking media, analysts and other influencers
- Support outreach efforts as appropriate
PR and MarCom
- Learn basic PR and MarCom techniques and practices
- Learn media/analyst ‘landscape’—develop understanding of news outlets, readership analysis, pitch development, etc.
- Learn basic account management processes (speaking opportunity research, editorial calendar development, media database development, etc.)
- Learn reporting techniques—develop understanding of relevance and prioritization
- Learn logistics management
- Begin developing proficiency in one/more technical industries/niches
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree; focus in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations
- (or) Associates degree with four years of related experience
- Strong oral and written skills (writing: AP Style)
- Ability to work in collaborative environment
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
- Working knowledge of various social media platforms
How to apply:
Nereus is a VTM Group company. Please visit https://www.vtmgroup.com/careers to submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Nereus offers competitive compensation, an excellent benefit package and employee perks, such as employer-sponsored 5Ks, activity groups, and paid time off for charitable work.